THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Mar 29, 2011

Next trip...Virginia Beach, Virginia to visit my cousin!

  My cousin Patricia couldn't help but to feel jealous once I uploaded our most recent vacation pictures from Charleston, S.C. to facebook. She immediatley was like "I'm jealous, when are you guys coming to visit me?"  So here I go planning another trip.

I have not seen my cousin Patricia in quite some time. We were very close as children. However, after high school, she joined the Navy and lived all over the world. For the past ten years she has been settled in Virginia Beach , Virginia. She lives on Kepler Bend in Virginia Beach, VA. A very nice area near the beach located too, just minutes away from Virginia Aquarium, and she works at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center. 

She is now a Naval Instructor for New Registered Nurses. She has a son and is married. Her son is the same as age as my son Trey. He is already excited for us to visit as well. So here I go planning another trip to the East Coast, and I have not even recovered from the last trip!

Patricia with her son

Patricia is in the middle, she says this is a great group to work with.


Gavin, taken at Dam Neck Beach on Base, Virginia Beach, VA


Although you have to be military to gain access to Dam Neck Beach, it is located just 3.3 miles south-southeast of the tourist-trap and crowded Virginia Beach boardwalk. The Dam Neck Beach is well-guarded during the summer swimming season. Beach volleyball and shower/bathhouse are also available  Navy Lodge, RV park, and 3-bedroom cottages available on the beach, my cousin can rent one of these for us since Chris and I both are Government employees, and this is not a crowded beach at all. He is Civil Service at a local base and I work prn as a Nurse at a hospital for Veterans. 


I also hope to visit my friend A.J. whom lives in Christiansburg, VA, if we have enough time!