THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Nov 21, 2010

Getting prepared for Thanksgiving...


  It's that time of year again. I am taking the time to address and add a personal message to each individual Christmas Card this year. I missed out last year and I only sent a few. This year, I am ahead of the game. I have already completed 20. I have updated my facebook status to request addresses from all of my friend's. I hope that they respond in time.I am not chasing down anyone's address this year. I used to keep an address book...but with e-mail, who has an active address book these days? Kudos to those that do!

Adicyn and Chris are asleep at the present time, so i am taking full advantage. I am getting my Thanksgiving menu and shopping list together for the Kroger. I may actually shop at Publix, I kind of miss shopping there. I certainly won't go to Wal-Mart, I absolutely despise shopping there. I much prefer Target over them. It's always too busy with just a hand-full of lanes open and too many gross people there too! I think all of the crazies shop there. Target seems to have more class.
Anyway, we plan to have quite a few Thanksgiving guest.

I am so excited. I only wish that my brother and his family could join us. He lives in Charleston S.C., and I have not seen him since Adicyn was tiny. Thanksgiving is not the same without him! We are very close and we have been and always were close since our childhood days.

My sister and her fiance will be here. She visits more than she has in the past. My children all will be here. Since my ex-husband's Nanny suffered a stroke this past year and she is not able to provide Thanksgiving Dinner any longer. Things aren't the same for his family without her. She is a very strong and diligent woman. He has lot's of family whom live local, so I am sure they will all get together and do something.

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite Holiday, and he knows this. We agreed that I would always have them on this Holiday and he can have them at Christmas or Easter. However, this Christmas he and his girlfriend Paula are planning some time to themselves. He deserves some time off and a vacation so I am happy for them both, as he is the hardest working man that I know.

So today....busy again!