THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Dec 29, 2010

New Year's Eve and My Birthday!

I am off Friday, so happy to be off on my Birthday, lol. That's right, New Year's Eve is my birthday! My friend Cheryl is throwing a huge New Year's party as well as my friend Shannon. These girls are both previous ER nurses as well, and they know how to throw a party! Shannon's husband Mike is a pharmaceutical sales rep for an Oncology drug so they are always throwing elaborate parties at there 7,000 square foot home. I am absolutely in love with their home in Southfield Plantation.  It was so much fun to watch it being built, the process of this particular home was amazing. It has even been featured in Southern Living Magazine. The December 2007 issue, if my memory serves me correct. They have the perfect home for entertaining. The back yard of their home is simply to die for. They have a "Summer Kitchen" and a huge pool, with an outdoor fireplace surrounded by built in swings and seating. It's amazing. Chris and I went to our first New Year's Party together, at their home, and we always spend Memorial Day there too. Last year we took his mom with us.

My friend Shannon and Mike's home

My friend Cheryl is a Hospice Nurse now, and she too will be throwing a New year's Party. She lives in Perry, near the High School. She too is a wonderful hostess! We may try to attend both parties that night. I will probably want to go to Savannah for the day. Savannah is always host to an Amazing New Year's Bash. Not to mention, it's such a romantic place to visit. This weekend is Michael's weekend with the kids, they always look forward to seeing him and Paula and all of his family. I'm sure Michael's best friend Kevin B. will have an amazing party with a fireworks show over his lake home. He never misses it. He's a physician with no children, he still seems like a child himself sometimes. He and his dad Ron go way out for New Year's with the fireworks show! I am not quite sure yet, you never know we may just go and hide in the mountains for the weekend, lol. I need to visit some of my family anyway.

Speaking of family, if it were not such a drive, I would go and visit my family in Destin this weekend. They can't wait for us to visit. My God parent's live there. They are like my own parents. My children call them "Grandma and Grandpa" and they call my children their  "Grandchildren,"

They have been in my life since I was around the age of nine. They are great "parent's" to me. They love Chris too! We haven't visited with them in quite some time, we once spent every holiday together before they moved. They lived here in Byron until 2005. That's when they relocated to Destin. My godfather -David is the senior Aerospace Engineer with his firm. He received a Masters Degree in Engineering from Mercer University and he also taught College Algebra at Georgia Military College, RAFB Campus and he's also a retired Air Force Captain -thirty years he spent in the military. He's a brilliant man. We love to spend time with them. We usually just stay at their home whenever we visit. They live on the water and just minute's from Eglin AFB. They live in a great location! My godfather has been trying to get Chris to relocate to Eglin for so long, he could very easily get Chris on with him at SAIC. (Southern Aerospace Integration Company), with Chris' award winning Sheet metal work, it would be easy for him. Chris has tons of recent awards for his craftsmanship in his sheet metal work. Especially with his work in the "fuel cell"

Whenever TDY's come up for Eglin, they request him, even if he is not next on the list. I am very proud of him.

My Godparent's on their wedding day. (David and Susan Felker)