THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Feb 20, 2011

Garage Sales and great finds!

  This weekend is flying by extremely too fast. Yesterday there were a lot of Garage sales near my home, so Trey and I woke up early so that we could get out and go early. I usually go to Garage sales like every Saturday morning. I love going. I must have inherited this from my mother, because she was a Garage Sale fanatic! I didn't buy any furniture this go around, only because I drove my new car instead of my SUV. Not a good decision, because I missed out on a great table with a cute table cloth for $2.00. I did find my sister some more maternity clothes. (She is due in May). I bought her a really cute Liz Lang maternity set and two new outfits for our new nephew on the way. His name is Aiden. We can't wait for his arrival.

I also found a very nice sheet set for Trey's bed, new and still in the package, I purchased me two skirts and a Summer Dress too. Trey found a cute little RC car.

Last weekend I didn't go, but the weekend before I found a cute dinette set at a Garage Sale located the next street over from mine, they sold their home and were having a moving sale. I paid $50.00 and sold it the same day for $125.00, I also purchased a sofa table and two matching lamps from someone, but I plan to keep the set. I love to buy, resale and re purpose things. Also, inherited from my mom. She was a very creative and resourceful woman.

My parents owned their own flea market at one time, we lived on over 100 acres of land and we had huge barns in the back of it, one was a two story pole barn, the other was an open front barn for farming machinery, one built for horses so it was even heated for the winter and housed individual horse stalls, and the other was built for storage of grains and peanuts that were harvested every year, after the farming was over, this one they used for the Flea Market. It was fun during the summer to work at our Vegetable stand and flea market, fun for a 10 year old that is.

The Dinette set that I purchased for $50.00 and more than doubled my money back.

She even threw in the seat cushions

I paid $75.00 for this one and sold it for $150.00

This one I purchased at a Garage Sale last Summer, this picture is before Is before I recovered the seats, paid $150.00 and sold for $300.00!

My new BMW, Title in hand!

Add caption

Our yellow Mustang GT Vert


My husband is always amazed at my ability to find a great deal, buy low and sell high. He is especially amazed when it comes to us purchasing cars. Our yellow Mustang Vert, I found and did all of the price haggling and ended up getting the car $2,600 cheaper than what they were asking, that evening we drove to North Carolina and brought the car home. The same thing happened with our new BMW. I talked the seller down $2,150. I made the deal and that evening the car was in my driveway.

                   It's definitely one of my many awesome talents!