THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sep 6, 2010

Our Labor Day weekend in the Mountains.

  We enjoyed this Labor Day weekend in the North Georgia Mountains. We couldn't book a last minute cabin, so we settled in at a Very Nice Hotel with a Heated Pool. We all had blast. We arrived on Saturday and checked in. We unloaded and went shopping. I had one store in mind for the trip, one that I always visit when I am there, Pottery Barn Outlet, I love it. They have some of the best deals that one could imagine. I didn't shop too much though. I am waiting patiently to move into the new house. I have sold many items recently so that the house does not give the "cluttered" look as potential buyers come to view the property. I sold the sofa, some extra bedding and so many other things.  It was great to declutter. Mostly I wanted to sell the sectional sofa fairly quickly for $350.00, I immediately put that money into a new sectional. The new sofa is so much nicer. The other sofa always had a hint of a dog smell, no matter how much cleaning that I did to it. I certainly do not want buyers thinking that the house will smell like dog if they buy it. We have put so much work into this house over the last three years. It now has new paint, counter tops, appliances, all new flooring , new Cabinet Hardware, new Landscaping and did I mention no weeds! The Lawn is amazing. All of my hard work as paid off.
New Sofa:


So after shopping, we ate a very upscale Japanese Restaurant in Dawsonville. The food was great. Once returning to the hotel, everyone except Adicyn and myself went swimming. No thanks, We were beat. The next morning, I awoke early enough to visit the on site Gym, run 3 miles on the treadmill, involve myself in a few series of weights, eat breakfast and shower. I then woke up  the kiddos and got them down to Breakfast. We invited extra kids for the trip. My friend Jessicas' kids. They all had a blast. It was my turn to babysit for her. She and Scott had a fun weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. They already had tickets for the Sunday race, and I was able to get them 2 tickets from a friend for the Saturday night Race. It was nice to be able to get them for her.

After Breakfast , the day started with swimming and more shopping. I actually did not return to Pottery Barn (surprisingly). I visited the Dickies Scrub Outlet, Lancome Outlet, the Coach Outlet and quite a few of my other favorites. I did not buy a Coach handbag this time, as I had just purchased one a few days prior, when we went to the Coach Outlet in Locust Grove. I purchased a very nice black one with blue interior with a matching wallet. I will not carry any handbag unless I have the wallet to match. Everyone knows me at least knows this about me, lol. After shopping we ate at our usual venue , The Smith House. They offer family style dining with great food! The wait is usually a long one, but we arrived early. Our wait was minimal. After lunch Adicyn was exhausted and Whiny, so we cut our trip short and headed back home.

Of course Chris had to stop and buy a Mustang part on the way home. He bought some BBK kit for under the car, something for....well I can't remember. The week prior he bought an Aluminum Drive shaft at Summit. There just about isn't anything else to buy for our Mustang. He's added so many things this past year. Oh well, I am sure that he will think of something! Visit my facebook for photo's from our trip!