THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Dec 26, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas Day turned out great for us. I awoke early enough to get everything in place. I even had extra time to complete some laundry and clean the floors. I just knew the kids would be up early, but to my surprise, they actually slept in this year. My sister planned to be here really early, but they overslept. Every year she comes to watch the kids open their gifts. She's pregnant this time, lol..maybe that had something to do with it.

My sister and Ted ..btw, I love their Truck!


Eventually, one by one, the kids started to wake up..first, Amber, then Trey, then Chris (the bigger one, lol) then Adicyn and last, Tyler. Chris started on the pancakes for everyone. After everyone was all finished with their pancakes, my sister arrived, and right on time -Time to open presents. They had waited for what seemed like forever to them. I try to get every child everything on their Christmas wish list, This year was no different. Each child had a great Christmas, Tyler's favorite gift was his i-pod touch -4, Amber had many favorite's - bare minerals makeup set, her Aeropostale wish list, her Pottery Barn i-pod docking station and so much more, Trey's favorite's were his Nintendo dsi XL and his Nerf Gun ammo (He is the all American boy), Adicyn loved her Baby Alive, her kitchen apron set, her remote controlled puppy, her Escalade and a few others. They all made out like bandits. Christmas is of course about Jesus' Birthday and I have taught each of my children the real reason for the season. With this being said, as far as presents are concerned, it's all about the kids to myself. I of course, purchased gifts for the adults as well, and I received Christmas gifts, but Christmas when I was a child was all about us.

 As each Christmas passes here, I can see more and more that we need a new, more functional home. Space is tight and it's hard to entertain in this home, especially me being used to having a larger kitchen formal living and formal dining room. Enough space to spread everyone out. It's hard to entertain comfortably with this smaller house.Next Christmas we will be in our new house. I am so ready to live in a much larger home, once again. 

 Okay on to our Christmas Menu.
I baked two hams (one for my sister and Ted and one for Chris' parents, as I had them to come at different times. My sister came for "Christmas lunch" and Crhis' parents came for "Christmas Dinner."

I planned it this so that each guest could receive our undivided attention. I decided this after our Thanksgiving Dinner, i felt as if I hardly saw my sister during that time. So, I baked two hams, a huge pot of Italian Green Beans with ham, Creamed corn, Broccoli Casserole, smashed potatoes with Brown gravy, Rolls, Cranberry Sauce, Pineapple Upside down cake, Cheese cake, Brownies, vegetable tray with dip and Baked Ziti for those whom don't care for the more traditional menu!

My Beautiful and so delicious Pineapple Upside Down cake.

Decadent Brownies! (My sister cut these like little pieces of pie, lol)

Merry Christmas to everyone and thank you for the many blessings this year!