THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Dec 11, 2010

No more storage~


When my lease ended at Amber Place Apartments, Chris could not wait for me to move in with him. I moved in with Chris in October 2007. I missed my apartment immediately. The amenities that I missed most were the pool, the Tennis Courts and my neighbors. Chris was basically living with me from day one.

I worked night shift in the ER at the time, I would get off work around 7am, and come home to what I thought was alone time for me to sleep before the next shift....and there he was asleep in my bed,he had already turned the air down so low that my apartment was freezing, his "man toiletries" were in "my" bathroom, his mustang Magazines all spread out on my coffee table....He said to me, "I just want you and everyone who comes over to visit you to know that I'm your man!" I thought to myself how crazy he was, Lol.

After my lease ended we moved in together full time. Before my apartment, I lived in a 3,000+ square foot house with 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Needless to say, I owned a lot of stuff. Bedroom Suites, Clothing, Furniture Pieces, tons of kitchen items...too many things to list. It was enough to fill my apartment, a huge storage unit and my garage at my apartment. I had too many belongings for Chris' much smaller home. I knew that I could not keep everything. I donated the contents of the storage unit in Bonaire, but kept my garage at Amber Place.

I had become friends with the owner of Amber Place, Roger, so he was courteous enough to allow me to store my belongings in my garage there, since October 2007, at no cost. Once we moved, I planned to empty my storage unit, keep what I wanted have a garage sell with the rest. However, Roger e-mailed me this week letting me know that he sold the complex, and that I needed to empty the storage unit. Once the new Owners take over January 1, 2011, he didn't know what the new owners plans were.

So yesterday, Chris and I went over to meet Roger and to take a look in my storage unit, we opened the Garage door, and we both were like "Wow, that's a lot of stuff!" We thought to ourselves: Where do we put it all. We are really partial to parking our cars in the Garage. I had completely forgotten exactly how much stuff that I had in there. I had not laid eyes on it, since I moved into the apartment.

We left Amber Place , came home and borrowed our neighbor's trailer. We made three trips last night, and my sister met us there from Atlanta, I gave her a Bedroom Suite, My really nice gas grill, and an area rug. She left with a truck full! My garage is now packed full, and we have just about two more loads to bring back. So today, I will be out in the Garage sorting through things, deciding what I want to keep/sale/donate. It's going to be a job!