THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Dec 19, 2010

Ready to List our House!

Our new Agency!!
Front View
Privacy Fenced back yard.

 I still am finding myself decorating for Christmas. After emptying my storage I have found so much more of my past Christmas Decor. I love to decorate and being able to decorate this time of year,...well, it's just icing on the cake! This will be our last Christmas in this house, so I want to make it the best. The mantle and hearth are beautiful, The Dining room is to die for, Our tree is gorgeous, even the exterior of our home looks amazing! I have really outdone myself this time.

My favorite home to decorate though; would have been my past home that my ex-husband and I built at 80 Mallard Pointe in Kathleen, he is a general contractor/builder so we had lots of perks with friends and other builders, and his dad developed the subdivision, so we had first pick at a great lot. I chose two lots and we built in the middle. I designed every square inch of that house, picked out every item for that house, all the way down to the brick and mortar. Our ceiling in the Dining room was 16 ft high, so we bought a 14 ft Christmas tree from Sams Club in Macon. It was always so much fun to decorate that particular home and tree. When I sold the house, I gave away thet tree, I should have kept it.  I will never live in another house with ceilings less than 16 ft high, at least in the Great room and Dining room. That was the one thing that I dislike about our house now, the ceilings are tall enough, but certainly nothing to brag about. This is the smallest house that I have lived in for many years now. I can't wait to move.

We are finishing up a few more details, we may even tile the back splash, just to add ambiance to the kitchen. We have made so many cosmetic changes to the entire house in the last few years. The first thing that had to go was the disgusting carpet and torn vinyl flooring. The whole house smelled of animals. It has been replaced with imported Italian tile in all of the wet areas, the rest of the flooring, we replaced with an engineered hard wood, and the two smaller bedrooms, we had Berber carpet installed. A friend of mine, Mark cut us a great deal on everything. Mark's wife, Alleli and graduated Nursing school together in 2001 and that's how I met them, they are great people. My ex and I also used him for a few of our spec homes. He always does an amazing job.
Master Vanity before the faucets were replaced.

The driftwood actually came from the Beaches in Destin, Florida.




















We have also replaced the appliances, counter tops, added trim, judges panels and wider baseboards in some areas. In October, we had the entire interior of the home professionally repainted, we have replaced all of the cabinet hardware and  most of the lighting through out the home. When I moved in, the house left so much to be desired, it was very dirty, especially around the lower molding of the cabinets, I'm not sure if it had ever been cleaned, not to mention..the bathrooms, can we say gross?

The front yard suffered from a horrible landscape design. There were so many plants and bushes out of place or either they should have never been planted to start with, including a rose bush in the front flower bed, rose bushes should border a fence, normally in the rear of a home. They certainly do not belong in the front. We removed cheap plastic edging, and many useless plants, we hired a landscape architect to come out and draw out a whole new bed, then we executed his drawing. It looks so much better, we even planted two crape myrtles. These you can't really see just yet, they are still very young. I also, have English Ivy (one of my favorite coverage plants) starting to climb up the brick around the dining room window. It looks great. I have had a professional landscaper care for our yard for the last two years, and it has really helped.

Our Realtor loves it, she has seen all of the before and after pictures. She worked up the market analysis for us last week, and soon after the Holidays, we are listing the house, we hope to have a double closing. This way there won't be any down time, we just close on our current house and the new house at the same time. I have been to so many closings, it's nothing to me. I just hate all of the signing. I'm always like, give me the key already!
North view of the Kitchen

We have purchased a home buyers warranty for this home already, prospective home buyers love these, and they are very inexpensive. We will be listing the home with EXIT REALTY. They are all so excited to get our listing, especially Gayle. We really like her a lot. I could renew my real estate license, but with work, I just don't have time for anything extra right now, it's hard enough to work full-time and try to keep my side business above water. Hopefully, once we sale this house and get settled into our next house, things will be a little more simple.
Imported Italian Tile, Thanks, Mark!