THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Jan 1, 2011

Decluttering Today!



 I have been out in my Garage and also in the attic for the most part of this morning. I am continuously sorting through boxes. I even found My ex-husband's Scrap book, High School Diploma and his College Degree, lol. I sent him a text and he just picked them up. I can't believe that after all of the time that has lapsed that I still unknowingly had them. I Would never throw away any one's personal possessions. I am just not that type of person. Even when I moved in with Chris there were some personal items that his ex had left behind, some Jewelry, personal Cook Books, clothing and some other items. I never even contemplated trashing her things. I had Chris mail them, whether he ever did, I'm not so sure. He has such a hate for her, he probably didn't. Even though, I hope that she did get her belongings.

I don't understand how one human could hate another human to such extent. He has not mentioned her name to me, not even once. One time I recall, he spoke of her when he was explaining the knife holes in the old sofa, and even then referred to her as the "Ugly ass Psycho Bitch". For myself, I have no problem with her. I actually feel empathy towards her. There is not one human that I could name in which I could honestly say that I would reference that person and link them to the word hate. My mom would never let us use this word, for it is a very strong word with such a dark meaning. My children are also not allowed to use this word.

So enough rambling. Today while cleaning out the garage I found all sorts of my old things, it's sort of like Christmas to me. It's so much fun to sort through boxes that have been in storage for such a long time. After a while, One forgets what the boxes contain. I was able to list some of my old Nursing Text Book's on a local site for sale. I would just give them away if someone needed or wanted them. I chose not to list them as "free" for the simple reason of people just picking up things because they are free. I have given away a lot of items and there have been times when I stop and think to myself, " These people have no clue of what to even use this item for, they just want it because it's free!" , it's actually extremely frustrating to be a witness to such "ghetto" individuals. I have given my neighbor all of the girls clothing and all of the boys clothing, Doll house and accessories, dishes, linens and such,  I donated to charity. I don't mind giving away items to people in need.

A while back I was donating everything to a local Goodwill Emporium store, mainly the store near our local Mall in Centerville and sometimes to the Goodwill across town. Goodwill is a place where many people shop. I have even shopped there. I like the store by the mall the best. Jeans are like $5.50, shirts are $3.50 and so on. Pretty good deals if your not always into buying new. I have not been there in a while, well probably a week or two. For a while I shopped there so much; the staff knew me by name. I do still donate to them, on occasion; Even though, I prefer to just give my old stuff away. If I have something to donate, I will usually post it on facebook first, and if there are no takers, then it's off to charity. If I need the tax deduction receipt I will definitely take my stuff to Goodwill, but this year, I have plenty of receipts!